As another year closes, it’s time to look back at all that we’ve accomplished in 2017 and how your chapters have impacted the growth of the ACFE. Here are some of the highlights from chapters in 2017.
The ACFE welcomed six new chapters in 2017, and all located outside of the U.S.:
• Denmark – Danish Chapter #212
• Italy – Central Italy Chapter #213
• Egypt – Egypt Chapter #214
• Qatar – Doha Chapter #215
• Jordan – Jordan Chapter #216
• Botswana – Botswana Chapter #217
We Welcomed Tim Harvey, CFE, to our Chapter Development Team
For nearly 10 years, Tim Harvey, CFE has been part of our partnership development team. In February, we announced Tim was joining our chapter team. Since then, he has worked with our international chapters to help identify new areas of improvement and presented at several chapter events.
New Chapter Leaders Committee Announced
The ACFE Board of Regents approved the charter for the Chapter Leaders Committee. This committee is responsible for advising the ACFE on challenges the chapters face and on solutions to those challenges. They have been invaluable this past year.
Chapter Awards Winners
At the 28th Annual ACFE Global Fraud Conference in Nashville, the Tampa Bay Chapter was named Chapter of the Year and the Houston Area Chapter was recognized with the Chapter Website of the Year. Additionally, former New Mexico Chapter President Janet McHard, CFE, was presented the James R. Baker Speaker of the Year Award.
Chapter Leaders Meeting in Nashville
More than 80 chapter leaders attended the Chapter Leaders Meeting at the 28th Annual ACFE Global Fraud Conference. Presentations were given by former Houston Chapter President Ryan Hubbs, CFE; U.K. Chapter President and ACFE Head of Global Chapter Development, Tim Harvey, CFE; and Oman Chapter Treasurer Alison Benbow, CFE.
Scholarship Fundraising Challenge
It was another record-breaking year as ACFE chapters raised more than $42,000 in the 2017 Scholarship Challenge. Donations support the Ritchie-Jennings Memorial Scholarship Program. Thank you for your hard work and contributions!
Foundation Fundraiser at the Global Conference
At the 28th Annual ACFE Global Fraud Conference in Nashville, the Middle Tennessee Chapter organized a performance by the legendary Charlie Daniels Band. Tickets for the event were $40 and all proceeds went directly to the foundation. The sold-out event raised over $31,000!
ACFE Offers Free Registrations to Conferences
In exchange for helping promote our global and regional conferences, the ACFE offered more than 30 complimentary registration to supporting chapters. These registrations were accepted by chapter leaders or awarded to chapter members.
More Resources for Chapter Leaders
Every chapter faces the constant fear of speakers potentially canceling at the last minute. To combat this threat, we have provided chapter leaders access to two training videos from the 27th Annual Global Fraud Conference. These videos can be played for attendees and are eligible for ACFE CPE credit.
- The ACFE collaborated with the UAE Chapter and Dubai’s Department of Economic Development to host the second ACFE Fraud Conference Middle East. It was a huge success with nearly 400 anti-fraud professionals attending.
- The U.K. Chapter is supporting students pursuing careers in fraud prevention by offering the Martin Grieves Memorial Scholarship.
- European chapters helped the ACFE promote the 2017 ACFE Fraud Conference Europe. More than 225 attendees from 36 countries were present.
- The Chennai Chapter held an all-day, sold-out event on cyberfraud. The event drew attendees from all over India.
- 23 chapters signed up to support International Fraud Awareness Week.
- The South Africa Chapter held the 10th Annual ACFE Africa Fraud Conference. More than 900 attendees from 23 countries participated.
We would like to thank each and every one of you for supporting ACFE initiatives and volunteering your time to provide assistance to our members. You provide an invaluable service to the anti-fraud community around the globe. We look forward to another great year and more accomplishments in 2018.